Perfect for serving with BBQ food this bean salad is simple to make and healthy.
- 2 x 400g kidney beans, drained
- 200g kale
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 400g cherry tomatoes – try and get colourful ones
- Coriander/mint to garnish (optional)
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add the chopped onion, celery and garlic. Cook until softening and stir in the paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, tomato puree and kale. Cook for a couple of minutes until the kale starts wilting.
- Tip in the beans and 150ml of water and stir well, removing it from the heat
- Meanwhile, throw the cherry tomatoes into a separate frying pan and fry on high heat until soft and cracked open.
- Stir tomatoes into mixture.
- Serve in a colourful bowl
- Sprinkle mint and coriander over (optional)