I love chickpeas; they are full of protein and fibre and other healthy things that you didn’t even know existed. I wanted to try roasting some one day as I had heard that they are a good healthy snack or good to put on top of salads.
This is how I did them.
- 2x400g tins of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp chilli poweder
- 2 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Rinse the chickpeas in a colander and allow to drain.
- Line a large baking tray with grease-proof paper and lay down a double layer of kitchen roll to cover the bottom
- When the chickpeas have more or less drained off, spread out on the baking tray and dab the top of them with more kitchen roll
- Once the chickpeas are more or less dry then remove the kitchen roll from underneath them and put the baking tray in the oven for half an hour to roast
- Take out the baking tray, transfer chickpeas into a large bowl and drizzle over the olive oil, chilli powder and paprika and mix around with a spoon so that the chickpeas are coated in olive oil and spices
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes or until you are satisfied with the texture
- Keep in an airtight container or serve immediately on top of salad or as a snack.