As you could probably tell from my Halloween outfit, I love Halloween. But what do we do with the pumpkin after the 31st? I am a big believer in using all of food that we can, which is why I don’t like the pumpkin seeds to go to waste after all of the Halloween fun is over. Roast the seeds and you can sprinkle them over the tops of salads for a bit of crunch. Pumpkin seeds are also high in antioxidants and very high in magnesium, so make a really good healthy snack.
- Scoop out all of the pumpkin seeds into a bowl, trying to remove as much of the flesh as you can.
- Put them in a colander and wash, this will remove more of the flesh, and again try and remove as much of them as you can
- Leave them to drain for a couple of minutes
- Pour them onto a baking tray and spread out evenly
- Add a slug of olive oil over the seeds
- Add salt, pepper, chilli flakes and whatever else you fancy adding to them
- Take a table spoon and mix them around the tray until evenly coated and spread them out again evenly
- Bake in the oven at 190ºC for around 10 minutes until they are golden brown.