Normally I would never go for something vegetarian in a restaurant but I was inspired after eating something similar at the Little Garden in Sevenoaks (read my review here). I would recommend buying a read-made packet of quinoa that you can just throw in the microwave for 1 minute. This dinner required a lot of different ingredients and preparation so it would be one less thing to worry about if you didn’t have to make the quinoa as well.
Ingredients: (serves 3)
- 1 packet halloumi
- 1 packet shredded beetroot
- 2 carrots – grated
- 2 handfuls of frozen edamame beans – defrosted
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- Two packets ready-made quinoa
- 2 avocados, halved with pip taken out
- Defrost the edamame beans
- Dice the red onion
- Grate the carrots
- Halve two avocados and cut up
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Cut the sweet potatoes up into wedges, spread in a baking tray and sprinkle some olive oil and black pepper. Put in the middle of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until light brown in colour.
- Fry the halloumi
- Heat the quinoa in the microwave
- Throw all together in the most colourful and aesthetically pleasing way possible!
One to try for your meat-free Mondays!