With festival season upon us and having been inspired by my last fashion post about what I wore to Lovebox last year, I thought it might be helpful to write a post about what to pack for a day festival. Plus, one of my readers has specifically asked for it, so thank you very much for the suggestion beth!
Obviously, you don’t want to be lugging a big heavy bag with you around the festival as it will inhibit your ability to floss and mosh. So below you will find my key items that will make their way into my bag.
Please note: This post contains affiliate links and I may receive commissions for the purchase/booking made through these links at no extra cost to you
What to pack for a festival:
- Hand sanitiser: This is a godsend when the portaloos run out of sanitiser and you have yet to eat your hog burger with your hands.
- Packet of tissues because the TOILET ROLL WILL RUN OUT, I REPEAT, IT WILL RUN OUT.
- Fold-up poncho: I would only take this if it is forecast to rain, but I definitely would if there is even the slightest chance because your fake tan, the makeup you worked so long on, hair and diamantes will all fall off. You can get some clear plastic rain ponchos which won’t spoil your outfit too much if you click here.
- Plastic empty water bottle: You are normally not allowed to bring in a water bottle with water in it, but they should let you in with an empty one. Obviously pack one full of water and drink it on your way to the festival as you need to be hydrated to party all day and all night. Normally at festivals they have free water stations, and if they don’t then they are bad people. You can get a BPA-free reusable water bottle by clicking here.
- Lip balm: Your festival crush may not remember you the next day, but he/she will remember your crispy lips.
- Sunglasses: Preferably some rubbish ones that you don’t mind losing, in case they are dropped in the mud and swallowed by the earth. It will seriously hinder your enjoyment of the day if you are constantly having to shield your eyes from the sun, plus they cover up your drunk eyes.
- Mini bottle of sun cream: Because nothing ruins a party more than sun burn or sun stroke and imagine being hungover with a sunburnt back which you cannot lie on. Normally festivals have the same policy as airlines in that you cannot bring sprays or gels over 100ml, so take a mini bottle like this one here.
- Ticket: The most important thing – I know this is an obvious one but I once forgot my ticket to Reading festival and it was not funny.
- ID: You will be kicking yourself if you forget this and just have to drink soft drinks all day.
- Eyelash glue for your gem stones which will fall off as you sweat throughout the day!
- Mini body spray or deodorant: To cover up the musty smell of thousands of other people rubbing against you. I was once stuck behind the back of a big sweaty goth man when I went to watch Muse, and he really really wanted to mosh…
- Phone: If you aren’t bothered that much about taking photos then I would take a decoy phone just in case you drop yours in the mud or it gets stolen.
- Portable phone charger: I don’t need one of these because I don’t have an iPhone (oh snap!) but if you have not yet seen the light, then make sure you pack one of these. You can find a small and compact one for a good price here.
- Cash money: Take out as much moula as you are allowing yourself to spend and a bit more for the taxi or bus, as you may get caught out with cash-only bars and the only ATMs will be the ones that charge you.
- Jumper: Once the fun has ended and the crowd has dispersed it can get pretty darn cold in the evenings, so make sure you pack something to throw on at the end of the night. You can always tie it around your waist or around your bag.
I hope that this list helps you plan what to take to your next festival and if you have any other ideas or things that you think I’ve missed out, then please let me know in the comment section below!