Normally the word healthy and ice cream would not be found in the same sentence. But this recipe for deliciously healthy no-churn vegan raspberry flavoured ice cream is made with coconut milk and no added sugar and is also lactose-free and vegan! Sign me up!
Other sweet recipes you may be interested in:
- Skinny peanut butter and banana bread recipe
- Rye bread and blackberry jam layer cake
- Easy Swedish cream raspberry-studded cake
I also remember when I made ice cream for the first time. I had to go to the freezer and churn it up every HOUR. It kind of sucked the fun out of the whole experience. With this recipe, you just throw it back in the food processor once and that’s all! You can thank me later.
This ice cream was a big hit with my family and there are significantly less calories in this ice cream compared to others. For example, I froze the ice cream in a Carte D’Or box and that ice cream had around 1,000 calories in the whole box, whereas mine would have only just over 600 calories in the whole tub.
Ingredients for healthy no-churn vegan raspberry ice cream
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3-4 cups of raspberries
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup spinach (optional)
- 2 bananas
- Blend up all the ingredients until it is smooth like a smoothie
- Pour the smoothie into a large freezer bag, press out all of the air when you seal it but make sure the smoothie spreads out in the whole bag as you don’t want it to freeze as a compact thick brick.
- When frozen, take out of the freezer and put back into the blender – you may need to wait a little until it has softened a bit.
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into an ice cream box and cover with a piece of clingfilm, pressing it down so it touches the surface of the ice cream. Freeze for another couple of hours.
- Scoop & serve.
I’m so excited to try and experiment with other flavours like strawberry and basil. Let me know what your favourite ice cream flavour is in the comments below!