These Swedish no bake chocolate balls (chokladbollar in Swedish) were always a hit when I make them for the office. They are so incredibly easy to make and therefore perfect for lockdown and (when we are let out) can make a good present to a dinner party host or just shared amongst friends over a coffee.
Chokladbollar are a regular staple in Swedish cafes and very easy to make for your own ‘fika’ at home with family and friends or as a present to a dinner party host. You can roll them in desiccated coconut or hard sugar and you make them as large or as small as you like. Personally, I prefer rolling them in hard sugar as I like the crunchiness, and I also prefer rolling them the size of just bigger than a chocolate truffle as they are bite-sized, but you can roll them as big or as small as you want.
Yield: 18 small bite-sized chokladbollar
Other recipes you may me interested in trying:
- Spinach, orange, vanilla & blueberry protein shake
- Healthy no-churn vegan raspberry ice cream
- Skinny peanut butter and banana bread recipe
- Rye bread and blackberry jam layer cake
- Easy Swedish cream raspberry-studded cake
Swedish no bake chocolate balls ingredients
- 3 dl oats
- 1 dl sugar
- One table spoon vanilla sugar
- Three tablespoons cacao
- Three tablespoons strong filter coffee (actual coffee, not the granules)
- 100g butter
- Pearl sugar or desiccated coconut
- Mix the oats, cocao powder, sugar and vanilla sugar together until even and well mixed
- Melt the butter and pour into the oat mixture, adding the coffee and stirring up until totally mixed. The consistency should be so that you can roll it into balls without the mixture slicking to your fingers. If the mixture is too wet, add a bit more oats until the correct consistency is obtained.
- Pour some desiccated coconut or pearl sugar into a bowl.
- Start rolling the oat mixture into balls, whatever size you like, and roll them in the coconut or sugar until covered. Set aside in a bowl or container
- Refrigerate the chocolate balls so that they set.
- Present in a nice bowl